10 Hypoallergenic Milk Formula Singapore 2023
Hypoallergenic formulas are designed for babies who are unable to digest cow’s milk due to milk allergy. This hypoallergenic formula contains protein that has been hydrolyzed into very small proteins.
Types of Hypoallergenic Formulas
This formula is made by breaking down the proteins in cow’s milk formula into small pieces. Hydrolyzed proteins formula require less processing to absorb, it is good option for some newborns or infants who have difficulty digesting full-size proteins or have a history of digestive problems.
However, this formula is not a good option for babies with severe milk allergy because they are not broken down small enough.
2. Extensively Hydrolyzed Formula
Formula that has been extensively hydrolyzed may be a good option for babies who are allergic to cow's milk. This breaks down the milk proteins into even smaller pieces, making them easier to digest.
3. Amino-Acid Based Formula
This formula has been broken down so extensively that only amino acids remain. Because amino acids are the building blocks of proteins, the baby receives all of the nutrients included in standard formula without having to break down the protein internally.
Hypoallergenic Milk Formula Singapore
A. Protein Hydrolysate Formulas
1. Nestle NAN OPTIPRO H.A. Formula (Stage 1-3)
2. Frisolac Gold HA 400g (0-12 months)
Frisolac Gold HA (Hypo Allergen) is a new special formula for the dietary management of baby / infants who require hydrolyzed cow’s milk protein.It contains DHA, Nucleotides, Prebiotics (GOS) and lactose for growth and development.
Frisolac Gold HA is recommended for infants from 0 to 12 months and shall be used under medical supervision. This product is not suitable for babies with established cow’s milk allergy, please consult your doctor before usage.
3. Aptamil Gold+ H.A Infant Milk Formula
4. Similac Total Comfort Formula (Stage 1-3)
HYPOALLERGENIC & LACTOSE-FREE.
- TummiCare™ Nutrition System: Designed for nutrient absorption with a gentle touch.
- Similac Total Comfort is now improved with 2’-FL, together with nucleotides as part of Immunify® ingredients.
- EyeQ Plus Nutrition System: Contains Natural Vitamin E, Lutein; and DHA that supports brain and eye development.
- No Palm Oil: A unique vegetable fat blend.
5. Nestle NAN Sensitive Specialized Infant Formula
6. Enfamil Gentlease Formula (Stage 1-2)
7. Enfagrow A+ Gentlease Formula (Stage 3)
Nutramigen 1 with Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (LGG®) is with extensively hydrolysed protein. It is suitable for the dietary management of cow’s milk protein allergy.
- Nutramigen 1 with LGG® is lactose-free (Not suitable for infants with galactosaemia)
- Amino acid based, infant formula powder.
- For other indications where an amino acid based formula is recommended.
- Food for special medical purposes.
1. How do i know if my baby needs hypoallergenic formula?
If your baby cries for long periods of time and/or seems unconsolable, it may be a good idea to discuss this with your doctor. He can evaluate your baby further and help diagnose a cow’s milk allergy. In this case, switching to a hypoallergenic baby formula may help your baby’s symptoms.
b. Family History of Food Allergies
If you or a member of your family has a history of food allergies, your baby is more likely to have one as well. An extensive French study done in 2019 showed a strong genetic link in cow’s milk protein allergies (CMPA).
d. Your baby has acid reflux (GERD)
Acid reflux is what happens when stomach contents and acid flow back up into the throat. This is a common problem in infants, especially those below 3 months old. Hypoallergenic formula may help reduce the symptoms.
Your baby’s skin is sensitive, which can make it difficult to tell the difference between dry skin and eczema. Eczema is extreme dry skin that is red, inflamed, itchy, and often cracked. Babies with eczema are more likely to develop food allergies and oftentimes will develop skin symptoms before other food allergy symptoms appear. (Source)
f. Respiratory Issues
If your baby is wheezing or experiencing other respiratory issues, your baby may need immediate medical attention. See a doctor as quickly as possible.
2. How To Soothe Baby Acid Reflux– Rest their stomach. Keep your baby from eating or drinking for 30 to 60 minutes after vomiting so that their stomach has time to recover.
– Give them fluids. after 3o minutes, start by giving your baby small amounts (0.5 oz or less) of fluid every 5 to 10 minutes. If your baby vomits the fluid out, wait another 30 minutes. Then start again with small amounts of fluid every 5 to 10 minutes. Use water, breast milk or a clear, noncarbonated liquid.
– Medicines. If your child has a fever, ask your pediatrician for the appropriate medication.